For additional transportation options from private agencies, please see our list of Transit Alternatives.
Hours of Operation:
Monday through Friday
6 am to 6 pm
Dial-A-Ride is an origin-to-destination service available only for Lorain County Transit (LCT) customers living and/or traveling to points within the Paratransit Boundary (an area 3/4 of a mile on either side of an existing fixed-route bus line), in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). For current Dial-A-Ride rates, please see our list of Fare Information page.
LCT will pick you up at home (or of another origin) and drop you off at a medical appointment, work, or any destination in Lorain County.
Reservations are required 2 to 14 days in advance of your trip. You can make reservations by calling LCT's Scheduling Office at 440-365-0224 or toll-free 800-406-7541. Please have the complete address of your destination when calling to schedule your rides.
For medical appointments, please have your doctor's name, office address, room/building number and phone number to provide when booking your Dial-A-Ride trip. This helps us locate you when you're getting picked up from larger medical facilities.
Steps to Making Your Reservations
- Gather the information needed to make a reservation 2 to 14 days in advance of your trip.
- Call the LCT Scheduling Office at 440-365-0224 or toll free at 800-406-7541. Scheduling Representatives are available Monday through Friday from 6 am to 6 pm.
- Be ready to board the bus at the beginning of your pick up window.
To Cancel a Dial-A-Ride Reservation
To cancel a reservation, you must call LCT by 4:30 pm the day before your scheduled pick up. Call our Scheduling Representatives at 440-365-0224 or toll free at 800-406-7541.
Customers must abide by LCT's No Show/Late Cancellation Policy (PDF). Customers are a "no show" when the vehicle arrives within the pick up time window and the customer does not board the vehicle or declines the trip. It is the customers' obligation to cancel a reserved ride before 4:30 pm the day before the scheduled pick up. Any cancellation received after this time will be counted as a late cancellation.
If you have a disability that prevents you from using the fixed route bus service, you may be eligible for our ADA Dial-A-Ride service. ADA Dial-A-Ride is a origin-to-destination service for persons with disabilities who are unable to use the fixed route bus service because of their disability.
ADA Dial-A-Ride serves a 3/4 of a mile outside the fixed routes. Customers with disabilities who due to their disability cannot get to a bus stop, may be eligible for special service accommodations under the ADA on LCT's ADA Dial-A-Ride service. This distance is the federally mandated standard of measurement for transit systems across the United States of America to use in determining Paratransit eligibility.
To apply for LCT's Dial-A-Ride service, download Lorain County Transit ADA Dial-A-Ride Application or request a printed application by contacting LCT's ADA Coordinator at 440-329-5525 or email@example.com.
LCT determines whether or not an individual is eligible for ADA Paratransit Services. For appeals regarding LCT's ADA Paratransit Eligibility Determinations, see our appeals process.
Benefits to ADA Certification:
- Eligible for next day Paratransit service to destinations that also fall within the 3/4 mile distance to the fixed routes
- A Personal Care Assistant may accompany the ADA Certified person at no cost on trips that fall within the 3/4 mile distance to the fixed route
- Eligibility may be year round or conditional
- When traveling to other cities, your ADA certification must be recognized and honored for up to 21 days of service in that community. The same 3/4 mile from a local bus route origin and destination criteria apply across the country.
ADA regulations require wheelchairs or other mobility devices be secured during transport. LCT requires wheelchair passengers to be secured with a LCT installed seatbelt. ADA regulations also require that a person who cannot enter a vehicle using the stairs and who does not use a wheelchair must be allowed to enter the vehicle using the lift, if equipped with grab bars. Driver will ride the lift with the passenger to help steady them, if requested to do so.
Riders may ride with their portable oxygen tanks, respirators, concentrators as well as service animals.
Alternative Accessibility Formats
Information found on this website can be provided in an alternative format upon request. Please contact Customer Service at 440-329-5525 to speak to a representative or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Lorain County Transit will do its best to provide the requested alternative format within a reasonable time.
Oberlin Connector Transit Service
Lorain County Transit provides Oberlin Connector service to the residents of Oberlin by contract with the City of Oberlin to continue providing transit service. As of January 2, 2021, the Oberlin Connector will be running Monday through Friday.
Passenger Fares One-Way
- $2 Adults
- $1 Senior Citizens (65+), Persons with Disabilities and Children (ages 3 to 12)
- $1 Students (with a valid High School or College ID)
- $4.50 All Day Pass Adults (purchased on the bus)
- $2.25 All Day Pass Senior Citizens (65+), Persons with Disabilities and Children (ages 3 to 12) (purchased on the bus)
- $2.25 Students All Day Pay (purchased on the bus)
Oberlin residents of LMHA facilities or those declared as low-income will pay LCT a one-way fare of $1 with an ID card provided by Oberlin Community Services. Oberlin residents must provide the LCT driver with the ID card in order to pay the reduced fare.
Service operates on Monday through Friday from 6 am to 6 pm and 9:30 pm to 12:30 pm.
Call 800-406-7541 to schedule a ride. Arrangements can be made the same day or up to two weeks in advance (hearing impaired may call 800-750-0750.
Oberlin residents can make trips outside of Oberlin, Monday through Friday in addition to in-town service.
Passengers may flag down the driver and board the Connector without prior call.
Special Holiday Service Dates
- Holiday - No Service
- January 1 - New Year's Day
- January 18 - Martin Luther King Day
- February 15 - President's Day
- May 31 - Memorial Day
- September 6 - Labor Day
- October 11 - Columbus Day
- November 25 - Thanksgiving Day
- November 26 - Day after Thanksgiving
- December 24 - Christmas Eve
- December 31 - New Year's Eve