Please Note: In the State of Ohio, it is illegal to transport more than 10 scrap tires at anytime, anywhere, without obtaining a registration certificate from the Ohio Environmental Protection Agency.
Lorain County Residents are able to properly dispose of passenger tires for free at our Lorain County Scrap Tire Collection Sites.
Tires may be dropped-off at any of the following locations, during the days and times listed. During open hours, staff members are available to assist with unloading.
Location and Hours:
Lorain County Collection Center - 540 S. Abbe Road, Elyria
Mondays 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Wednesdays 12:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Saturdays 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Grafton Tire Site - 17109 Avon Belden, Grafton
As of 12/20/2022 this Tire Site is CLOSED PERMANETLY.
Lorain Tire Site - 114 East 35th Street, Lorain
Tuesdays 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
The Collection Center will be CLOSED on the following days:
- Monday, May 29th in observation of Memorial Day
- Monday, June 19th in observation of Juneteenth
- Monday, September 4th in observation of Labor Day
- Monday, October 9th in observation of Columbus Day
- Saturday, November 25th in observation of Thanksgiving
- Saturday, December 23rd in observation of Christmas Eve
- Monday, December 25th in observation of Christmas
- Saturday, December 30th in observation of New Year's Eve
- Monday, January 1st in observation of New Year's
The following rules apply to all sites, at all times:
A driver's license or other acceptable proof of residency is required.
- Tire collections are provided for the use of Lorain County Residents Only.
- Tires may be on-the-rim or off-the-rim.
- Acceptable: Small equipment/passenger car/SUV/minivan/non-commercial van and pickup truck tires up to 20 inch Rim Diameter. All bicycle/motorcycle tires.
- Not-Acceptable: Racing tires, semi-truck tires and trailer tires, farm equipment tires and any tires resulting from the operation of a commercial business or farm.
- Drop-off of tires at any times other than those listed above are strictly prohibited; all sites are under video surveillance; violators will be prosecuted.