Lorain County Children & Family Council
The mission of the Lorain County Children and Council as stated within its by-laws is "to advocate for families by establishing and maintaining systems of service that nurture, enrich and encourage collaboration between individuals and organizations to promote the well-being of Children and Families in Lorain County." The Council is established pursuant to the Ohio Revised Code Section 121.37 and its designated service area is Lorain County, Ohio.
The mandated members of the Council hold public meetings at the Lorain County Administration Building in February, June and October of each year. Please call 440-328-2492 for more information.
Next Full Lorain County Children & Family Council (LCCFC) Meeting
- 9 am
- January 18, 2022
- Currently set to be held in person at
Lorain County Administration Building
Commissioners Conference Room B
- For more information, please call 440-328-2492 prior to that date and time
LCCFC Executive Committee Meeting
- To Be Determined
2021 Council Board Executive Committee
- Kristen Fox-Berki, Chair. Executive Director, Lorain County Children Services
- Barbara Tamas, Assistant Chair. Director, Lorain County Department of Job and Family Services
- Tim Weitzel, Council Secretary. Court Administrator, Lorain County
- Jackie Boehnlein, CEO, Lorain County Community Action Agency
- Dave Covell, Health Commissioner, Lorain County General Health District
- Amber Fisher, Superintendent, Lorain County Board of Developmental Disabilities
- Franco Gallo, County Superintendent, Educational Service Center
- Dan Haight, CFO, The LCADA Way
- Michelle Hung, President, Lorain County Commissioners
- Jeffery Keruski, Representative, Lorain City Schools
- Karen McIlwaine, Council Parent Representative
- Susan Shepard, Council Parent Representative
- Rick Soto, Representative of the City of Lorain
- Rebecca Visnyai, Council Parent Rep
- OPEN, Ohio Department of Youth Services
Lorain County Children and Families Council (LCCFC) is a department of Lorain County Board of Commissioners and acts as the administrative agent and contract manager for multiple state grants. As a department, LCCFC is responsible for managing grants allocated from the Ohio Department of Developmental Disabilities, the Ohio Children's Trust Fund, and Lorain County Job and Family Services. These grants help achieve the Ohio Family and Children First's purpose at the local level by improving child well-being as defined in the Ohio Revised Code, Section 121.37.
The LCCFC Board is a council of mandated local government human service system leaders whose purpose is to streamline and coordinate existing government services for families seeking services for their children. Their work enhances the well-being of Lorain County's children and families by building community capacity, coordinating systems and services, and engaging families. In line with the vision of Ohio Family and Children First, LCCFC's vision is for every child and family in Lorain County to thrive and succeed within a healthy community.
Ohio Auditor Reviews Council's Independent Audit
Ohio's Auditor of State, Keith Faber, has recently reviewed the Lorain County Children and Families Council for the audit period January 1, 2018 through December 31, 2019. Based upon this audit, the State Auditor has generated a report to the Council which has been reviewed by Council in a formal exit meeting.
The LCCFC is responsible for compliance with the laws and regulations as referenced in the Ohio Constitution, the Ohio Administrative Code and the Ohio Revised Code (ORC).